|The Proceedings in the Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” is a scientific publication of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski”, with an editorial board, included in the National Reference List (NRL) of Contemporary Bulgarian Scientific Publications with Scientific Review maintained by the Minister of Education and Science through the National Centre for Information and Documentation under № 4486. The Proceedings is a collection of works by Bulgarian and foreign writers, scholars and scientists, university lecturers, doctoral students, undergraduate students. It presents the achievements, the reasoning production, in-depth, interesting, and meaningful reflections of individual authors or teams of authors, whose quests are focused in the field of the humanities and the socialal sciences.
The Proceedings were first published in 2001 and up until 2016 were named “Proceedings of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski”, Department of the Humanities” (under № 2563 in the NRL). Between 2017 and 2020, the publication was entitled “Proceedings of the Department of Foreign Languages and Sports at the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” (under № 4099 in the NRL). Since 2021, the journal has been upgraded and renamed to “Proceedings in the Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” and covers new areas of scientific thought.
The Proceedings have a structure encompassing 13 rubrics but their scope can further be expanded:
- Linguistics (an annual heading since 2016 which offers new insights and research in this area of the humanities)
- Theory and practice
- Sources (contains translations of texts by authors who are emblematic for world thought)
- Guest (presents the work of prominent Bulgarian scholars)
- Through the Philosophical Archives (offers texts by influential Bulgarian thinkers)
- Debut (the emphasis of the publication in recent years has been to provide an opportunity for young authors, including bachelors since 2016; in many cases, it is on our pages that they see their first publications and this is evidence of the contribution of the journal among the young reading and writing audience)
- In memoriam (commemorates Bulgarian and foreign authors and contemporaries from the thematic field of the journal)
- Calendar (reflects the main activities of members of the academic body of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” who perform in the area of the humanities and the social sciences)
- Bibliographic index (the rubric is offered in anniversary issues; in the index, the entries are in an alphabetical order – by the authors’ names; those by the same author are arranged chronologically; for each entry, the volume of the Proceedings is indicated, resp. the year of print, and the pages on which it was published).
Throughout the years of the existence of the journal, interest in the publication has been maintained. So far, 233 texts have been published in the Proceedings (articles, lectures, reports on research projects, translations with comments, presentations of prominent scholars from the past and present, biographical sketches, essays). The authors are mainly representatives of the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” and external lecturers, researchers, doctoral students, undergraduate students – from Sofia University “St. Kl. Ohridski”, Plovdiv University “P. Hilendarski”, the University of National and World Economy, the University of Library Studies and Information Technology (UniBIT), the New Bulgarian University (NBU), the “V. Levski” National Sports Academy (NSA), the “T. Kableshkov” Higher School of Transport, scholars from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, and many others. The attraction of guest scholars from external institutions is indicative of the journal’s high value maintained and level appreciated.
The Proceedings are issued once a year on paper and in an electronic form, at the end of the year; so far, 21 volumes have been printed. The electronic edition is published on the website of University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” with free access to the full text of the authors’ materials.
The Editor-in-Chief of the Proceedings is Sen. Lect. Milena Purvanova from the Department of Foreign Languages.