RULES FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MINING AND GEOLOGY “ST. IVAN RILSKI”
|Art. 1 (1) The University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” admits as students foreign applicants who hold a document of completed secondary education enabling them to be admitted to higher schools in the issuing country, or are holders of documents of completed secondary education, or of documents of higher education graduated, or are holders of an academic degree.
(2) Foreign citizens may apply for taking a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree at the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” under the following conditions:
(3) Foreigners may apply for training at the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” and under the conditions and procedure for admission of Bulgarian citizens to the higher schools of the Republic of Bulgaria provided they:
(4) The applicants under Para. 3 shall be admitted within the annual number of students approved by the Council of Ministers. The Regulations for Student Admission to the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” shall be in force for them.
(5) The applicants under Para. 2, Item 1 shall submit the documents under Art. 2(1), Item 1 through to item 9 in the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Science through the competent institutions in the country from which they are applicants.
They shall be admitted under the conditions and in accordance with the procedures provisioned by the inter-governmental agreements, after concordance with the University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski”.
(6) The applicants under Para. 2, Item 2 shall submit their documents in the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Science and shall be admitted under the conditions and in accordance with the procedure provisioned in the respective act of the Council of Ministers.
(7) For the applicants under Para. 2, Item 3, the provisions of Section II through to Section V of these Rules shall apply.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING AND NECESSARY DOCUMENTS OF FOREIGNERS FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES WISHING TO BE TRAINED AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MINING AND GEOLOGY
|Art. 2. (1) Applicant students shall submit the following documents:
The date of issue shall have to be within one month prior to the date of submission of the documents. The applicant student must not suffer from the diseases contraindicative for training at the University of Mining and Geology and should not be reregistered in a psychiatry records.
(2) The documents under Para. 1, item 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 (if necessary, those documents under 9 and 10 as well) shall have to be:
(3) The legalisation of the document under Para. 1, Item 7 shall have to be performed by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of residence, as well as to be legalised by the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the respective country or with an Apostille.
(4) For the citizens of the Republic of Turkey, the legalisation of the documents under Para. 1, Items 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 shall be carried out by certification only by the Regional Department of Education and the regional governor as of residence with an Apostille.
(5) The complete set of documents shall be submitted in one of the following ways:
– in person in the Office of Foreign Student Placement at the Integrated Centre for Education and Qualification at the University of Mining and Geology;
–by registered mail to:
“Foreign Students” Sector
University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski”
Sofia – 1000
– through personnel from the University of Mining and Geology, specially authorised by the Rector.
RANKING AND ENROLMENT OF STUDENTS FROM NON-EU MEMBER STATES. VISAS AND TUITION FEES
|Art. 3. (1) The minimum average grades in Mathematics and Physics from the diploma for completed secondary education that form the admission grade rating for the courses of study of the University of Mining and Geology wherewith the person applies for a full course of study, may not be lower than 62 percent of the maximum value within the assessment system in the country where the secondary education was acquired.
(2) The application of foreign citizens for students in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees shall be performed in the period June 15 – September 15 of the year of application, in view to implementing the procedure for issuing long-stay visas – visa type “D” according to the Ordinance on the Terms and Conditions for the Issuance of Visas, adopted by Decree № 97 of the Council of Ministers of 2002.
(3) Conditions for obtaining a visa for study in the Republic of Bulgaria:
1.1. personal data about the applicant – names by passport in the Latin script, date of birth, place of birth, citizenship;
1.2. name of the course of study, educational and qualification degree, form and duration of study according to an approved curriculum;
1.3. information about the language and specialised training – degree of proficiency in the Bulgarian language, name of the department whereby the training will be held, duration of the training;
1.4. the semester tuition fee and tuition for the language and specialised training;
1.5. bank account number to which the tuition fee or tuition for language and specialised training should be transferred.
(4) Applicant students approved for training shall pay tuition fees after they have received a visa type “D” and arrived in the Republic of Bulgaria.
(5) Tuition fees are determined on an annual basis by a Decree of the Council of Ministers. Payment is made following a notification letter from the University of Mining and Geology to the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Science that the person has been admitted to study at the university.
The annual fee shall be paid in two equal installments at the beginning of each academic term.
(6) The application fee amounts to ………BGN and shall be paid upon submission of the documents.
(7) The fee for language and specialised training is to the amount of ……..BGN.
(8) Payment can be made in two ways:
– in the equivalent of Bulgarian levs (BGN) at the official exchange rate of the Bulgarian National Bank per euro (1 euro is equal to BGN 1,9588) at the pay office of the University of Mining and Geology;
– in Euro – by bank transfer to the account of the University of Mining and Geology in:
Bulgarian National Bank-Sofia,
1, Knyaz Alexander I Square
LANGUAGE AND SPECIALISED TRAINING OF FOREIGNERS FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
|Art. 4. (1) The University of Mining and Geology “St. Ivan Rilski” offers language and specialised training for foreign students in the Department of Foreign Language Training at The University of Mining and Geology (Sofia University, others).
The training shall be conducted on the basis of educational documentation, which covers the curriculum and training programmes. The duration of the training of students for the acquisition of language and specialised knowledge is not less than 9 months and shall be carried out in training groups of up to 10 people. The language and specialised training of students shall be carried out by studying compulsory subjects with the following minimum number of teaching hours:
(2) The training in the Bulgarian language shall be concluded by a written and oral exam, which is taken before a board of examiners.
The specialised training shall conclude with exams in all course units provided by the curriculum; those shall be taken before a board of examiners.
(3) The students who have successfully completed their language and specialised training shall be issued a Certificate (in compliance with a sample registered with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science) by the higher school wherein the training was conducted.
(4) The applicants approved for students at the University of Mining and Geology shall be enrolled upon presentation of the certificate under Para. 3.
(5) The applicants who speak Bulgarian may take the exams, incl. the exams in the specialised academic course units, without having to undergo language training. The provisions of Para. 4 are in force for them.
(6) International language proficiency exams that have been successfully passed shall be recognised for those applicants who speak the language in which the course of study is taught. This is certified by an original document and a copy of it:
for the English language:
Applicant students speaking Bulgarian / English, respectively, who do not have the above documents, shall take a language test in the respective language.
HEALTH INSURANCE AND HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION FOR FOREIGNERS FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES
|Art. 5 (1) Foreign students admitted for training shall not be entitled to health insurance from the University of Mining and Geology.
(2) Accommodation in a student hostel shall be in accordance to the capacities of the university. The amount of rent is determined by an Order of the Rector of University of Mining and Geology.